Bird Heavy Civil Indigenous Scholarship
Bird Heavy Civil Ltd. Indigenous Scholarship is an annual scholarship designed to encourage and support Indigenous people of Canada with their career development and growth as they attend post-secondary education.
Scholarship applications will be accepted from students who are currently enrolled in a full-time post-secondary institution or students in Grade 12 who are planning to attend a full-time post-secondary education institution that are of Indigenous descent (First Nations, Métis or Inuit). Students pursuing an education in the technology and trades will be considered priority applicants.
In order to be eligible for the Indigenous Scholarship Program the potential applicant(s) must meet the following criteria:
- Be of Indigenous descent (First Nations, Inuit or Metis).
- Submit a completed Bird Heavy Civil Ltd Indigenous Scholarship Application Form.
- Provide (2) character references in form of letters of recommendation.
- Be accepted / enrolled into an upcoming technical / trade program from a recognized post-secondary institution as a full-time student.
- Be in good academic standing and provide a copy of their most recent post secondary and / or Grade 12 transcript.
- Agree to an interview with one or more of the selection committee upon completion of the application.
In the event that no applications are received before the specified date then the funding allocated for that year will be forfeited.
Three scholarships per year, valued at $1,500.00 dollars, may be awarded to applicants from the three Indigenous groups who are enrolled in a technical / trade program with a recognized post-secondary institution.
|Total Per Year
To ensure that appropriate applicants are selected for the Indigenous Scholarship Program, Bird Heavy Civil Ltd. will commit to a complete and fair selection process which will include the following:
- A general application form to be completed and submitted to Bird Heavy Civil Ltd. by the specified date.
- Open dialogue and engagement with the Indigenous training and education departments in the various Indigenous communities.
- A selection committee comprising of members of Bird Heavy Civil Ltd. Indigenous Engagement Committee to assist in the selection process.
Deadline for applications is May 31st. Applications postmarked after this date will not be considered. Incomplete applications will not be considered. Announcement of Scholarship Recipients is July 31st.
Please mail or submit applications in person to:
Bird Heavy Civil Ltd.
90 O’Leary Avenue, Suite 101
St. John’s, NL A1B 2C7
Ph: (709) 726 – 9095
Fax: (709) 726 – 9106
Attention: Boyd Humby