COVID-19 Community Recreation and Wellness Grants Program update
The Community Recreation and Wellness Grants Program supports NunatuKavut communities in promoting recreational activities that are catered to specific identified community and household needs. It was developed by the NunatuKavut Community Council (NCC) COVID-19 response team and is part of a series of measures to help ensure that members and communities have the support they need during this pandemic.
Projects or initiatives must:
- Demonstrate a commitment to following the public health guidelines around COVID-19, including NLVaxPass for group and indoor initiatives;
- Target NCC members and community needs; and
- Involve recreational sports and/or activities as they relate to community health and well-being.
Eligible applicants include any non-profit or community group in NunatuKavut, and individual NCC members living in NunatuKavut, representing their household.
Group maximum amount $1,000 | Household maximum amount $250
**Please note, individuals who have previously received a $100 grant may now re-apply for an additional $150. For groups that have previously received a $500 grant, you may now re-apply for an additional $500.
Grants must be used for expenses relating to the purchase of necessary items as they relate to recreational sport and community health and well-being. Costs will be reimbursed from August 1, 2021 until funding is exhausted.
- Snow equipment such as snowshoes, skis & poles, skates
- Safety equipment for snow sports such as helmets, knee/elbow pads, etc.
- Sporting goods such as pucks, balls, rackets, sticks, sport-specific shoes, etc.
- Gym, recreation center or sport membership fees such as ski-clubs
- Travel costs for NCC youth participating in sporting events
Funds will be reimbursed with a proof of purchase, i.e. receipts or accepted quotes, which must accompany your application.
For more information on this program please contact Kayla Beals, Community Health and Wellness Liaison at (709) 927-5295 or by email at email@example.com