Deadline for wood harvesting RFP in Upper Lake Melville extended to May 14
The NunatuKavut Community Council (NCC) is inviting proposals from local businesses in Upper Lake Melville to harvest, process and deliver 50 cords of firewood in the spring of 2021. It is part of NCC’s COVID-19 Firewood and Heat Security Initiatives in NunatuKavut.
If interested, please complete the proposal application form below and submit by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Deadline has been extended to May 14, 2021.
REQUIREMENTS AND GUIDELINES
- The successful enterprise will be asked to participate in a project debrief and may be required to provide an operations plan and schedule.
- Firewood must be newly harvested and processed in the spring of 2021. Firewood should be between 14-18 inches in length and split.
- Delivery of one cord of wood each to NCC members will take place in communities in Upper Lake Melville based on an approved list provided by NCC. Deliveries must be done in a timely manner.
- Details must be provided on how the cords of wood will be delivered. For example, a full-size pickup with a standard bed can hold about 1/2 of a full cord or 64 cubic feet when loaded neatly stacked and even with the top of the bed.
- The firewood must be stored at the base of operations until it is inspected by NCC Guardians and ready for distribution.
- Submissions from enterprises registered in the NunatuKavut Business Directory may be given priority. For more information on registering, please visit www.nunacor.com.
- The successful enterprise must adhere to all public health directives related to the COVID-19 global pandemic for the duration of the contract.