Expression of Interest: Financial Officer (Temporary)
The NunatuKavut Community Council (NCC) is seeking applications for a temporary Financial Officer position at our head office in Happy Valley-Goose Bay, Labrador.
This individual will be responsible for submitting monthly reports to the Manager of Finance, making accurate monthly remittances, recording entries to the general ledger as well as processing payable cheques, providing assistance with annual audit working papers, ensuring timely and accurate invoicing, generating purchase orders and updating and completing administrative duties related to the Finance Department.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Monitor and maintain financial systems
- Responsible for payables and receivables
- Generate purchase orders
- Invoice input and data entry
- Maintain efficient records
- Monitor budgets and provide reports as requested
- Prepare financial claims and statements at managers direction.
- Assist with monthly, quarterly and annual reports to NunatuKavut Community Council
Skills and Qualifications
- The ideal candidate should possess the following skills or competencies:
- Must have experience in Simply Accounting and Excel
- Strong communication and organization skills.
- Work well independently and with people.
- Demonstrated organizational, interpersonal and analytical skills.
- Must be a team player.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Experience working with Indigenous groups is an asset.
- Preference may be given to qualified members of NunatuKavut Community Council.
Successful completion of post-secondary education in business administration, commerce, accounting or other relevant program; or two to five years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Salary will be based on the NCC pay scale.
How to Apply
Please submit resume and cover letter by March 5, 2019, stating competition number, to:
Manager, Human Resources
NunatuKavut Community Council Inc.
In Person: 200 Kelland Drive, Happy Valley-Goose Bay, Labrador