We are hiring a Financial Officer!
Competition Number: NCCFO-SP100119
The NunatuKavut Community Council (NCC) is seeking applications for a Financial Officer. Working under the direction of the Finance and Administration Manager, the Financial Officer will be responsible for the accounting duties for the Medical Transportation Program and the Home Repair Program. This one-year position, with possibility of extension, will be located in Happy Valley-Goose Bay.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Monitor and maintain financial systems;
- Responsible for payables and receivables;
- Generate purchase orders;
- Invoice input and data entry;
- Maintain efficient records;
- Monitor budgets and provide reports as requested;
- Prepare financial claims and statements at Manager’s direction;
- Assist with monthly, quarterly and annual reports;
- Demonstrate a commitment to NCC’s employee values and policies;
- Develop and maintain a strong network of relationships with stakeholders; and
- Provide diverse organizational support to NunatuKavut as directed by the CEO.
Skills and Qualifications
- Successful completion of post-secondary education in business administration, commerce, accounting or other relevant program; or two to five years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience;
- Must have experience in Simply Accounting and Excel;
- Strong communication and organization skills;
- Ability to work effectively as a team, and self-starter when working independently;
- Demonstrated organizational, interpersonal and analytical skills;
- Valid driver’s license; and
- Experience working with Indigenous groups is an asset.
Preference may be given to qualified members of NunatuKavut Community Council.
How to Apply
Please submit cover letter and resume (including three references), stating competition number, to the HR Manager by:
NunatuKavut Community Council
P. O. Box 460, Station C
Happy Valley-Goose Bay, NL. A0P 1C0
NCC Head Office
200 Kelland Drive
Happy Valley-Goose Bay (to the attention of the HR Manager)
Deadline for application is October 16, 2019.