Green Team positions available in partnership with Conservation Corps NL
Location: St. Lewis and Black Tickle
Position Title: Environmental Steward
Project Title: Building Energy Capacity in NunatuKavut
This Green Team will work with local experts to help build capacity within the energy sustainability sector and to support the implementation of several major energy security initiatives in NunatuKavut Inuit communities. The team will contribute to 2 major projects; the Home Energy Repair Program [HERP] and the High Efficiency Wood Stoves [HEWS] project. The team will contribute to the HEWS program by completing energy audits to support energy efficiency retrofits. Through the HEWS project selected households will be subject to a WETT (wood energy technical training) home inspection, followed by the installation of a high-efficiency free-standing catalytic wood stove. Green Teamers will undergo an 80-hour energy auditor trainee program hosted virtually by Bluehouse Energy. Green Teamers will assist in program recruitment, processing applications and evaluations, coordinating contractor logistics and providing on-the-ground support for the energy security programs. Other duties will also be carried out as required. Successful applicants will be required to participate in Occupational Health and Safety (OH&S) training to follow all OH&S regulations and policies of CCNL and NCC.
TEAM LEADER (1 Position): The Team Leader is the day to day supervisor for the Green Team. This person is responsible for the conduct of Team Members and the work they undertake. The Team Leader ensures that the work required is properly assigned and carried out, and that the project proceeds smoothly. This involves planning, maintaining discipline, daily acquisition of project materials, effective communication with the community partner and CCCNL staff, administrative duties etc. A Team Leader should demonstrate the ability to plan and organize, and must have leadership and supervisory skills. This position is for 12 weeks, at $16.00/hr for 30 hours per week, from May 30th to August 19th, 2022.
TEAM MEMBER (2 Positions): The Team Member is an integral part of the Green Team program. The Team Member follows the direction given by the Team Leader, has the ability to work well in a team environment and feels that they can make a positive contribution to the projects undertaken. These positions are for 12 weeks, at $15.00/hr for 30 hours per week, from May 30th to August 19th, 2022.
- Willingness to work outdoors in all weather conditions
- Willingness to complete an energy audit trainee program hosted by Bluehouse Energy
- Interest or experience in energy efficiency
- Presentation skills considered an asset
- Willingness to participate in public engagement and community outreach initiatives
- Ability to work in a team setting
- Interest in environmental sustainability and community-led solutions
- Must have CSA approved work boots and/or rain boots and/or hip waders (if required)
- Occasional weekend and evening work may be required
- Transportation to/from worksite is the responsibility of employees
- One person on the team may be required to have a valid driver’s license and full-time access to a vehicle with adequate insurance
- Reimbursement for vehicle mileage in accordance with CCNL policy
Please complete and submit the form below to apply. This information can be sent to one of the following:
Deadline for applications is Sunday, May 8, 2022