We are hiring a Housing Inspector!
Competition Number: NCCHI-HR100119
The NunatuKavut Community Council (NCC) is seeking applications for a Housing Inspector. Working under the direction of the Health and Social Department Manager, the housing inspector will be responsible for administering all activities of NCC’s Home Repair Program. This one-year position, with possibility of extension, will be located in southern Labrador.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Inspect houses for repair requirements;
- Prepare Scopes of Work, cost estimates and related contract documents;
- Review above documents with clients and contractors;
- Monitor home repair work in progress for compliance with applicable codes;
- Discuss repair-related matters with applicants and contractors;
- Prepare reports and recommends on release of contract payments;
- Work closely with the Home Repair Program Officer;
- Assist with evaluating grant applications for compliance with program terms and conditions;
- Update the Program Assessment Committee;
- Extensive travel required;
- Demonstrate a commitment to NCC’s employee values and policies;
- Develop and maintain a strong network of relationships with stakeholders; and
- Provide diverse organizational support to NunatuKavut as directed by the CEO.
Skills and Qualifications
- Successful completion of post-secondary education in the building trades or engineering and three to five years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience;
- Experience in residential repair work is essential;
- Ability to assess and evaluate applications;
- Ability to complete contract documents;
- Computer literacy is essential;
- Must have good oral and written communication skills;
- Ability to work effectively as a team, and self-starter when working independently;
- Must provide recent Certificate of Conduct;
- Valid driver’s license; and
- Experience working with Indigenous groups is an asset.
Preference may be given to qualified members of the NunatuKavut Community Council.
How to Apply
Please submit cover letter and resume (including three references), stating competition number, to the HR Manager by:
NunatuKavut Community Council
PO Box 460, Station C
Happy Valley-Goose Bay, NL. A0P 1C0
NCC Head Office
200 Kelland Drive
Happy Valley-Goose Bay (to the attention of the HR Manager)
Deadline for application is October 16, 2019.
Please note that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.