Job Opportunity: Administrative Assistant in Labrador City
Competition Number: NCCAO10102019
The NunatuKavut Community Council (NCC) is seeking applications for an Administrative Assistant at the Labrador West Indigenous Service in Labrador City. Working under the direction of the Executive Operations Officer, the Administrative Assistant is responsible for the administrative functions of a centre that provides a variety of programs and services to Indigenous people in the Labrador West region.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Greet clients (in-person and telephone) and provide them with assistance in navigating services.
- Provide administrative support to the Executive Operations Officer.
- Data entry and document production.
- Assist in the coordination and delivery of programs and services
- General office administration and file management functions
- Research current programming opportunities for Indigenous peoples.
- Demonstrate a commitment to NCC’s employee values and policies.
- Develop and foster healthy relationships with other organizations as it relates NCC priorities.
- Provide a diverse support to the organization as directed by the Executive Operations Officer and CEO.
Skills and Qualifications
- Post Secondary education in office administration, business administration or social sciences or an equivalent combination of education and relevant experience.
- Knowledge of Indigenous cultures in the region.
- Solid general office administration skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, as well as organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Proficiency in MS office is essential.
- Ability to work effectively as a part of a team, and self-starter when working independently.
- Must be able to work evening and weekends when required.
Preference may be given to qualified members of the NunatuKavut Community Council.
How to Apply
Please submit cover letter and resume (including three references), stating competition number, to the HR Manager by:
P. O. Box 460, Station C
Happy Valley-Goose Bay, NL. A0P 1C0
NCC Head Office, 200 Kelland Drive, Happy Valley-Goose Bay (to the attention of the HR Manager)
Deadline for applications is October 23, 2019.