REPOST: Job Opportunity for Chief Financial Officer
Competition number NCCCFO052821
The NunatuKavut Community Council (NCC)
NunatuKavut means “our ancient land” and refers to the territory of Inuit who belong to south and central Labrador. NCC is a rights-based governing body that represents NunatuKavut Inuit. We are a dynamic, fast-paced and growing team that strives to meet the priorities, interests and needs of our people. Our governing vision demonstrates commitment to community and culture as we seek “to govern ourselves, provide and care for one another, our families and our communities while nurturing our relationship with our lands and waters.” We foster an open and transparent working environment which incorporates Inuit values of caring, fairness, respect, accountability and teamwork.
We are looking for a collaborative, strategic and committed Chief Financial Officer (CFO) to join our team at our head office in Happy Valley-Goose Bay, Labrador.
As CFO, you will work in partnership with the Governing Council and senior leadership to develop and guide NCC’s overarching financial strategy and resources. This includes responsibilities like:
- Identifying and advancing internal and external strategic financial partnership opportunities that helps ensure sustainability and furthers departmental mandates
- Engaging effectively across departments to ensure robust processes and management systems are in place to meet financial and activity targets
- Putting in place forecasting and monitoring tools that permit NCC to measure success and plan for the future
- Providing sound investment management leadership
- Challenging existing approaches and drive change when needed, demonstrating a commitment to creating a learning organizational culture, committed to continuous improvement
You will oversee and mentor accounting, and office administration staff. You will be responsible for the production and presentation of financial statements, as well as monitoring and providing recommendations on the mitigation of financial risk.
Salary Range is $100,000 to $110,000 per annum.
- An accounting designation combined with 8-10 years of experience in a senior-level finance position (or equivalent) with the responsibility of leading a finance team and being part of senior leadership.
- Sound knowledge of current financial and accounting practices and tools, as well as experience with current and emerging financial information technology and systems functions.
- Extensive experience in effective leadership, strategic planning and change management.
- Excellent communications skills with the ability to articulate and present key messages on complex issues clearly.
- A strong desire to make a difference by providing exceptional financial leadership to a growing governing body.
- Comprehensive group benefits plan: extended health and dental care; and disability and life insurance.
- RRSP contribution plan.
- Employee and Family Assistance Program.
- Flexible schedule.
- Supportive and forward-thinking leadership team that values employee input and ideas.
- Family-friendly work environment where diversity and inclusion are valued.
The Application Process
Submit cover letter, resume and three references to Chelsea Dyson, HR Coordinator by email to email@example.com. Please include competition number NCCCFO052821.
Deadline to apply is August 3, 2021.
Preference may be given to members of NCC.
Only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.