Job Opportunity: Communications Officer (REPOST)
Competition number NCCCO080119
The NunatuKavut Community Council (NCC) is accepting applications for the position of Communications Officer, located at the head office in Happy Valley-Goose Bay. The successful applicant will support both internal and external communications initiatives. This position will report to the Director of Communications.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Support the development of an innovative communications strategy
- Collaborate with other departments on the development of communications materials
- Monitor media and stay informed of current events
- Assist in the development of a variety of communications products, ex. news releases, fact sheets, annual report, posters, presentations, etc.
- Assist in the coordination of event planning and implementation
- Document NCC events and activities through photos and videos
- Maintain a photo and video library
- Assist with updating NCC’s website and social media sites
- Assist in financial planning and budgeting
- Travel for various meetings and events
- Other related duties, as assigned
Skills and Qualifications
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal and communications skills (both written and verbal)
- Energetic, dynamic, creative and adaptable
- Ability to understand, analyze, and write about complex information
- Must be able to work evenings and weekends as needed
- Experience in managing multiple projects and priorities
- Close attention to detail and ability to edit and proofread
- Ability to think critically and strategically
- Good problem-solving skills is essential
- Adept at using various computer software applications such as MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Graphic design experience is an asset
- Photography experience is an asset
- Must have valid driver’s license
Education and Experience Requirements
Post-secondary education in Business, Communications, Public Relations or Journalism preferred, along with two to five years of experience in a related field
Preference may be given to qualified members of NunatuKavut Community Council.
Salary is in accordance with NCC’s pay scales.
How to Apply
Please submit resume, cover letter stating competition number and three references to:
Maryjane Dyson, Human Resources Manager
NunatuKavut Community Council
In Person: 200 Kelland Drive, Happy Valley-Goose Bay, Labrador
Deadline for applications is EXTENDED to December 17, 2019.