Job Opportunity: Community Sustainability Intern in Black Tickle
The NunatuKavut Community Council (NCC), in partnership with the Conservation Corps of Newfoundland and Labrador, is seeking a Community Sustainability Intern to assist with the implementation and evaluation of a Community Firewood Project and other tasks, as required.
Terms of employment:
- August 17 – December 4, 2020 (15 weeks)
- The employee will be paid for 30 hours per week, with a salary of $14 per hour.
- Candidates must be between 15-30 years old (approximately) and have an interest in community and environmental preservation. Please contact us if you are unsure about your qualifications.
- Access to an ATV, snowmobile, and telephone/internet are considered an asset. Please describe below.
- Applications due by end of day on Sunday, August 9, 2020
Project description: In partnership with wood harvesters and fishing enterprises in NunatuKavut, NCC will be delivering 75 cords of firewood to households in need in Black Tickle throughout the summer of 2020. It will be the responsibility of the Intern to coordinate the distribution of the firewood using creative methods such as community volunteer days, in partnership with the local school or other partners, or in any other way they deem necessary.
The Intern will organize these community events, ensure that the firewood is stored conveniently in the partner households, and support NCC staff in following up with participating households.
If you are interested in working on this project, please complete the short application questions in the PDF document below and return it to email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org by August 14th, 2020. Nick Mercer is also available to support you in completing your application. You can contact Nick at email@example.com or (709) 660-6425.