Job Opportunity: Field Technician (2 positions)
Competition Number NCCFT052121
The NunatuKavut Community Council (NCC) is accepting applications for the position of Field Technician to be located in central Labrador. This is a temporary position. The technician will be responsible for collecting culvert attribute data. The ideal candidate will lead in excellent data entry. They must demonstrate a commitment to working flexible hours, while providing tangible results. This position will be in NCC’s Department of Environment and Natural Resources.
NunatuKavut means “our ancient land” and refers to the territory of Southern Inuit who reside primarily in south and central Labrador. NCC is a rights-based governing body that represents NunatuKavut Inuit. We are a dynamic, fast-paced and growing team that strives to meet the priorities, interests and needs of our people. Our governing vision demonstrates commitment to community and culture as we seek “to govern ourselves, provide and care for one another, our families and our communities while nurturing our relationship with our lands and waters.” We foster an open and transparent working environment which incorporates Inuit values of caring, fairness, respect, accountability and teamwork.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Participate in collection of culvert attribute data.
- Complete technical forms for each culvert and tributary assessment
- Prepare and distribute technical reports weekly.
- Participate in collection of Tributary attribute data.
- Must have strong knowledge in Microsoft Programs (Excel, Word, Outlook)
- Collaborate closely with the project coordinator on progress of reports.
Conditions of Employment
- Must have class 5 driver’s licence.
- Willing to travel overnight.
- Must have a clean driver abstract.
- Ability to lift 20+ pounds.
- Must be able to work extended hours in all weather types.
- Must have emergency first aid
Skills and Qualifications
- Knowledge of data collection, sampling and recording.
- Great communication skills.
- Ability to diagnose problems with equipment.
- Accustomed to using mobile tools and applications.
- Critical thinker and problem solver.
- Experience with managing and maintaining technical equipment.
Education and Experience Requirements
Successful completion of post-secondary education in natural resources, environmental science or related field; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Preference may be given to qualified members of NunatuKavut Community Council.
How to Apply
Please submit resume and cover letter stating competition number, and three references to:
Chelsea Dyson, HR Coordinator
NunatuKavut Community Council
F: (709) 896-0594
Deadline to apply is June 3rd, 2021.
Please note that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.