Job Opportunity: Human Resources Coordinator
The NunatuKavut Community Council (NCC) is seeking applications for a Human Resource (HR) Coordinator at our head office in Happy Valley-Goose Bay, Labrador. HR professionals support, promote and apply the principles of human rights, equity, dignity and respect in the workplace. They are entrusted with the organization’s most confidential and sensitive information, therefore, the candidate in this position must exercise sound judgement and demonstrate the level of integrity and trustworthiness that is required in a position of significant trust.
This individual will be responsible for supporting the HR Director and Chief Executive Officer (CEO) by providing senior level administrative and HR functions. Tasks include the coordination of employee benefits, managing incoming job applications, scheduling interviews, checking references, conducting candidate follow-up, assisting with the roll-out of a Human Resource Information System, responding to enquiries, attendance management, etc.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Providing administrative support to HR Director and CEO
- Support HR management in application of practices, policies and regulations.
- Research and compile HR statistics.
- Assist in the recruitment process by confirming applications, checking references, providing feedback to candidates, scheduling and arranging interviews, etc.
- Respond to employee and management inquiries.
- Support the implementation and delivery of HR programs and initiatives.
- Maintain and update employee HR files and other records.
- Assist in the Onboarding process.
- Prepare for new employee start-up including employee set-up, offer letter, employment agreements, mandatory training, etc.
- Ensure confidentiality of information and materials is maintained.
- Assist with Health & Safety committees and initiatives.
- Assist with employee communication and employee initiatives.
- Assist in the coordination and facilitations of rollout of HRIS system to new users.
- Administer Employee Group Life Benefits program.
- Coordinate meetings and workshops.
- Act as liaison between employees, management, and benefit vendors/administrators.
- Other related duties
Skills and Qualifications
The ideal candidate should possess the following skills or competencies:
- Strong communication and organization skills is essential.
- Must be able to work well independently and with people.
- A detail-oriented approach to documentation is essential.
- Ability to build and foster key relationships.
- Ability to exercise sound and rational judgement.
- Ability to deal with confidential information with a high degree of diplomacy.
- Demonstrated organizational, interpersonal and analytical skills.
- Excellent computer skills and demonstrated experience in Microsoft Outlook and MS Word and Excel at an advanced level is a requirement.
- Must have excellent teamworking, multi-tasking and problem-solving skills.
- Experience with HRIS is an asset.
- Experience working with Indigenous groups is an asset.
- Valid driver’s license.
Successful completion of post-secondary education in Human Resource Management, business administration, commerce, or other relevant program; or an equivalent combination of education and experience with a minimum of two years in a HR administrative environment may be considered.
Preference may be given to qualified members of NCC.
How to Apply
Please submit resume, cover letter stating competition number and three references to:
Maryjane Dyson, Human Resources Manager
NunatuKavut Community Council
In Person: 200 Kelland Drive, Happy Valley-Goose Bay, Labrador
Application deadline: February 12, 2020
Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.