Job Opportunity: Manager, NunatuKavut Rights Secretariat
Competition Number: NCCRRSM100819
Roles and Responsibilities
- Provide high-level administrative, health and safety, and financial management functions to the NunatuKavut Rights Secretariat in collaboration with NCC management and CEO.
- Lead, direct and manage the operations of the Secretariat, through the management of resources and supports.
- Implement relevant policy, programs and strategic plans.
- Participate, where required, in the development of relevant policy matters.
- Liaise with departmental managers and staff to address operational issues of the Secretariat such as human resource and staffing, program and policy initiatives, financial and administrative responsibilities, etc.
- Participate in the building of partnerships with Indigenous organizations and Government agencies/departments.
- Collaborate with partners and stakeholders.
- Provide frontline leadership and supervision to staff of the Secretariat.
- Demonstrate a commitment to NCC’s employee values and policies.
- Provide leadership in innovation and guide change management.
Skills and Qualifications
- Successful completion of post secondary education in Business Administration or in the area of Indigenous Studies and a minimum of five years management experience; or an acceptable combination of education, training and experience.
- Experience working with Indigenous groups an asset.
- Experience in strategic planning, development and implementation, as well as coordinating and overseeing events and activities.
- Experience in relationship building with stakeholders and various levels of Government.
- Strong problem-solving, communication, report writing and presentation skills, as well as organizational, interpersonal and analytical skills.
- Financial/ budget management experience is essential.
- Must have proficient computing skills using MS office, presentations software, social media and other relevant software.
- Ability to work effectively as a team, and self-starter when working independently.
- Progressively responsible management experience is essential and must include supervisory experience.
- Class 5 driver’s license and personal vehicle.
- Will be required to travel.
Preference may be given to qualified members of the NunatuKavut Community Council.
In addition to your education and experience, you must demonstrate well-honed competencies in the following areas:
Strategic thinking: Ability to think outside the box with a broad scale, long-term view to assess options and implications related to the strategic direction of NCC and the Secretariat.
Mobilizing People: Inspire, motivate and create a common sense of purpose in others.
Results-Oriented: set and accomplish goals and priorities to deliver outcomes consistent with NCC direction.
How to Apply
Please submit cover letter and resume (including three references), stating competition number, to the HR Manager by:
P O Box 460, Station C
Happy Valley-Goose Bay, NL. A0P 1C0
NCC Head Office, 200 Kelland Drive, Happy Valley-Goose Bay (to the attention of the HR Manager) email@example.com
Deadline for applications is December 17, 2019.