Job Posting: Financial Officer
Competition number NCCFO110221
The NunatuKavut Community Council (NCC) is accepting applications for a Financial Officer. Working under the direction of the Finance and Administration Manager, the Financial Officer will be assisting the Finance and Administration Department with general accounting duties. This is an indeterminate position.
NunatuKavut means “our ancient land” and refers to the territory of Inuit who reside primarily in south and central Labrador. NCC is a rights-based governing body that represents NunatuKavut Inuit. We are a dynamic, fast-paced, and growing team that strives to meet the priorities, interests and needs of our people. Our governing vision demonstrates commitment to community and culture as we seek “to govern ourselves, provide and care for one another, our families and our communities while nurturing our relationship with our lands and waters.” We foster an open and transparent working environment which incorporates Inuit values of caring, fairness, respect, accountability, and teamwork.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Monitor and maintain financial systems.
- Responsible for payables.
- Generate purchase orders.
- Invoice input and data entry.
- Maintain efficient records.
- Monitor budgets and provide reports as requested.
- Assist with monthly, quarterly and annual reports.
- Demonstrate a commitment to NCC’s employee values and policies.
- Develop and maintain a strong network of relationships with stakeholders; and
- Provide diverse organizational support to NCC.
Skills and Qualifications
- Must have experience in Simply Accounting and Excel.
- Strong communication and organization skills.
- Attention to detail is a must.
- Experience working with Indigenous groups is an asset
- Ability to work effectively as a team, and a self-starter when working independently.
- Has strong organizational, interpersonal, and analytical skills.
- Valid driver’s license
Education and Experience Requirements
Successful completion of post-secondary education in business administration, commerce, accounting or other relevant program; or two to five years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Preference may be given to qualified members of NunatuKavut Community Council.
How to Apply
Please submit resume, cover letter and three references to:
Chelsea Dyson, HR Coordinator
Nunatukavut Community Council
In Person: 200 Kelland Drive, Happy Valley-Goose Bay, NL
Application deadline is November 16, 2021.
Please note that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.