Job Posting: General Community Worker
Competition number NCCCC092821
The NunatuKavut Community Council (NCC) is accepting applications for the position of General Community Worker, located in the Upper Lake Melville area. Under the direction of the COVID-19 Community Response Team, the candidate will mainly be responsible for helping to provide assistance with basic general labour tasks for seniors 60+ and adults with disabilities.
This is a full-time, temporary position until December 17, 2021, with possibility of extension.
NunatuKavut means “our ancient land” and refers to the territory of Inuit who reside primarily in south and central Labrador. NCC is a rights-based governing body that represents NunatuKavut Inuit. We are a dynamic, fast-paced, and growing team that strives to meet the priorities, interests and needs of our people. Our governing vision demonstrates commitment to community and culture as we seek “to govern ourselves, provide and care for one another, our families and our communities while nurturing our relationship with our lands and waters.” We foster an open and transparent working environment which incorporates Inuit values of caring, fairness, respect, accountability, and teamwork.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Provide basic general labour assistance to seniors 60+ and adults with disabilities as identified as part of NCC’s COVID-19 community response plan.
- Provide logistical and technical support to NCC in the delivery of services to the community as needed
- Other duties related to NCC’s COVID-19 community response plan.
Conditions of Employment
Must be flexible and able to work evening and weekends.
Skills and Qualifications
The ideal candidate should possess the following skills or competencies:
- A good sense of community and knowledge about the Upper Lake Melville area.
- Knowledge of local area and traditional practices.
- Good communication and organization skills is essential.
- Ability to get along and work collaboratively with others.
- Must be willing to work flexible hours.
Education and Experience Requirements
- Successful completion of Grade 12 Diploma, and or previous related experience and training.
Preference may be given to qualified members of NunatuKavut Community Council.
How to Apply
Please submit resume, cover letter and three references to:
Chelsea Dyson, HR Coordinator
Nunatukavut Community Council
In Person: 200 Kelland Drive, Happy Valley-Goose Bay, NL
Application deadline is October 4, 2021.
Please note that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.