Job Posting: Medical Transportation Program Assistant
Competition number NCCMTPA100323
NunatuKavut Community Council (NCC) is accepting applications for Medical Transportation Program Assistant position located in Happy Valley-Goose Bay. The incumbent will support the Health and Community Services department coordinate and implement ongoing Medical Travel initiatives. Application deadline is October 17th, 2023.
NunatuKavut means “our ancient land” and refers to the territory of Inuit who reside primarily in south and central Labrador. NCC is a rights-based governing body that represents NunatuKavut Inuit. We are a dynamic, fast-paced, and growing team that strives to meet the priorities, interests and needs of our people. Our governing vision demonstrates commitment to community and culture as we seek “to govern ourselves, provide and care for one another, our families and our communities while nurturing our relationship with our lands and waters.” We foster an open and transparent working environment which incorporates Inuit values of caring, fairness, respect, accountability, and teamwork.
Roles and Responsibilities
The successful candidate will support the Health and Community Services department by coordinating the following duties:
- Greet clients (in-person and telephone) and provide them with assistance in navigating Medical Travel Services.
- Assist with the preparation forms and other documents;
- Assist members with program applications;
- Assist members in navigating Government programs and services;
- Prepare meeting notes;
- Communicate with government offices, as well as NCC Membership;
- Demonstrate a commitment to NCC’s employee values and policies;
- Develop and maintain a strong network of relationships with stakeholders.
- Conduct general office administration and file management functions.
Skills and Qualifications
The ideal candidate should possess the following skills or competencies:
- Experience in administrative duties is essential;
- Ability to assess, evaluate, confirm and process applications, and complete contract documents;
- Experience in program and service navigation an asset;
- Proficient in MS office, MS word, MS Excel and outlook is essential;
- Demonstrated organizational, interpersonal and analytical skills;
- Must have good oral and written communication skills;
- Ability to work effectively as a team, and self-starter when working independently;
- May be required to travel.
Education and Experience Requirements
- Successful completion of post-secondary education in office administration, business administration, community studies, or similar field of study; or a minimum of 2 plus years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience working with Indigenous groups is an asset.
Preference may be given to qualified members of NunatuKavut Community Council.
How to Apply
Please submit resume, cover letter and three references to:
Chelsea Dyson, HR Coordinator
NunatuKavut Community Council
In-Person: 200 Kelland Drive, Happy Valley-Goose Bay, NL
Application deadline is October 17th, 2023.
Please note that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.