Job Posting: Student Positions
The NunatuKavut Community Council (NCC) is seeking applications from students between the ages of 15 and 29 years old to work as General Community Workers in NunatuKavut communities.
The students will work with the COVID-19 Project Manager in helping to implement NCC’s COVID-19 initiatives and measures for NunatuKavut Inuit and communities. These are positions will be approximately 12 weeks in duration.
NCC fosters a safe and healthy work environment that ensures full compliance with the latest public health directives related to the COVID-19 global pandemic.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Provide general labour assistance as identified as part of NCC’s COVID-19 response:
- Delivery of goods and services for seniors and other vulnerable persons, delivering groceries to those unable to get out, assisting in duties related to the pickup and delivery of supplies from the clinic, pharmacy, mail, assisting with property clean-up, etc;
- Delivery of essential supplies such as firewood and water as needed; and
- Assisting with the delivery of items from the community freezer.
- Assist with implementation of NCC’s EngAGE Across Generations intergenerational program, including carrying out cultural and oral history activities.
- Promote traditional hunting and fishing activities.
- Other duties related to NCC’s COVID-19 initiatives.
Skills and Qualifications
The ideal candidate should possess the following skills or competencies:
- A good sense of community and good community knowledge.
- Good communication and organization skills is essential.
- Ability to get along and work collaboratively with others.
- Must be willing to work flexible hours.
- The ability to operate All-Terrain Vehicle and to hold a valid driver’s license is an asset.
Applicants must be between the ages of 15-29 years. Applicants must have been enrolled in secondary or post-secondary education in the 2019/2020 school year and returning to school in the 2020/2021 school year.
How to Apply
The deadline for applications is May 15, 2020. Please submit your resume to:
Director of Human Resources
Nunatukavut Community Council
By email to: email@example.com