Launch of new COVID-19 Personal Care Grant Program
The Personal Care Grant Program is being introduced by the NunatuKavut Community Council (NCC) in response to the COVID-19 global pandemic. It is a new program designed to provide financial assistance to Full Members – Resident (all ages) in purchasing necessary medical personal care items and equipment. Priority will be given to those aged 60+ and persons with disabilities.
Eligible members can access a one-time grant of up to a maximum of $200 for items not covered under existing medical (or other) coverage.
The voucher must be used for expenses relating to the purchase of necessary personal care items. Costs will be reimbursed from May 20, 2021 to June 18, 2021 (or until funding is exhausted) with a valid proof of purchase (i.e. receipt).
Eligible costs include:
- Audiology equipment and supplies (ie: hearing aids)
- Specialized footwear equipment and supplies (ie: orthotics)
- Oxygen equipment and supplies
- Pressure devices equipment and supplies (ie: diabetic socks, compression garments, burn equipment)
- Respiratory equipment (ie: CPAP)
- Prosthetics equipment and supplies
- Self-care equipment and supplies (ie: feeding aids, grab bars)
- Mobility equipment and supplies (ie: walking aids, bathroom seating devices)
- Low vision equipment (ie: eyeglasses, magnifiers (handheld, desktop or stand))
- Medical surgical equipment and supplies (ie: blood glucose testing strips, adult diapers, under pads, catheters, dressings)
For enquiries about this program please contact:
Download the application form, here: