Moose for NCC’s Community Freezer Program
NCC is distributing a limited amount of moose licences for the Gros Morne National Park area. There will be two types of allocations available:
- NCC hunters who agree to harvest for our Community Freezer Program. Hunters who are selected for this process will be compensated for items such as: gas, meals incurred, ammunition, etc, providing all conditions have been met.
- NCC hunters who are harvesting moose for their family needs. There will be no compensation for this licence, aside from keeping the harvested moose. Hunters will be selected for this allocation by lottery draw, and are only available to those who have not received a licence from the Province this year.
Please note: There are four hunting zones for Gros Morne National Park. Information will be provided as to licence conditions and mapping once selected. ALL Zones close on January 28, 2024.
Zone 1: Sept 23, 2023 to Jan 28, 2024
Zone 2: Oct 14, 2023 to Jan 28, 2024
Zone 3: Nov 13, 2024 to Jan 28, 2024
Zone 4: No hunting
To enter your name for consideration to hunt moose for the purpose of supplying meat to the Community Freezer Program, please provide the following:
- NCC Membership Number
- Proof of a valid Outdoor Identification Card
- Confirmation that they can legally possess a firearm and a game license
- Confirmation of availability for specific hunting dates (or dates you are unavailable)
Please reach out to Roxanne Notley if you have any questions, or to apply:
Food Security Coordinator
T. (709) 960-1043
Please submit on or before October 10, 2023.