We are hiring a Program Officer for our Home Repair Program!
Competition Number: NCCPO-HR100119
The NunatuKavut Community Council (NCC) is seeking applications for a Home Repair Program Officer. Working under the direction of the Health and Social Department Manager, the Program Officer will be responsible for administering all activities of the NCC Home Repair Program. This one-year position, with possibility of extension, may be located in southern or central Labrador.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Research housing programs and services;
- Assist with the preparation forms and other documents;
- Act as intake officer for program applications;
- Evaluate applications for compliance with program’s Terms and Conditions;
- Oversee Program Assessment Committee;
- Prepare meeting notes;
- Communicate with government offices, as well as, NCC Membership;
- Provide overall program support;
- Demonstrate a commitment to NCC’s employee values and policies;
- Develop and maintain a strong network of relationships with stakeholders; and
- Provide diverse organizational support to NunatuKavut as directed by the CEO.
Skills and Qualifications
- Successful completion of post-secondary education in administration, business administration, sociology, community studies, or similar field of study; or three to five years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience;
- Experience in administrative duties is essential;
- Ability to assess, evaluate, confirm and process applications, and complete contract documents;
- Computer literacy is essential;
- Demonstrated organizational, interpersonal and analytical skills;
- Must have good oral and written communication skills; and
- Ability to work effectively as a team, and self-starter when working independently;
- Experience working with Indigenous groups is an asset; and
- Experience in program and service navigation an asset.
Travel may be required. Preference may be given to qualified members of the NunatuKavut Community Council.
How to Apply
Please submit cover letter and resume (including three references), stating competition number, to the HR Manager by:
NunatuKavut Community Council
PO Box 460, Station C
Happy Valley-Goose Bay, NL. A0P 1C0
NCC Head Office
200 Kelland Drive
Happy Valley-Goose Bay (to the attention of the HR Manager)
Deadline for application is October 16, 2019.