REPOST: We’re hiring a Finance/Administrative Assistant!
Competition number NCCFAA062422
The NunatuKavut Community Council (NCC) is accepting applications for a Finance/Administrative Assistant position at our head office, located in the Upper Lake Melville area. The incumbent will be responsible for general administration and finance functions of the Environment and Natural Resources department related to NCC’s Aboriginal Aquatics Resource Oceans Management Program (AAROM) including processing invoice payments, generating purchase orders and monitoring of program budgets.
NunatuKavut means “our ancient land” and refers to the territory of Inuit who reside primarily in south and central Labrador. NCC is a rights-based governing body that represents NunatuKavut Inuit. We are a dynamic, fast-paced, and growing team that strives to meet the priorities, interests and needs of our people. Our governing vision demonstrates commitment to community and culture as we seek “to govern ourselves, provide and care for one another, our families and our communities while nurturing our relationship with our lands and waters.” We foster an open and transparent working environment which incorporates Inuit values of caring, fairness, respect, accountability, and teamwork.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Provide financial and administrative support for various ENR programs (in particular NCC’s AAROM Program) and services.
- Assist in Coordinating ENR programs and services (including the organization of the annual Stewardship Workshop)
- Assist with financial planning, budget monitoring and tracking
- Monitor and maintain financial systems for the ENR department.
- Data entry and document production.
- Generate purchase orders, process invoices for the department.
- Prepare budget monitoring reports as requested by the ENR department.
- Assist with monthly, quarterly, and annual reports to department Director and Manager.
- Develop and foster healthy relationships with other organizations as it relates to NCC priorities.
- Provide a diverse support to the ENR department as directed.
- Other duties as required.
Skills and Qualifications
The ideal candidate should possess the following skills or competencies:
- Proficiency in the MS Office suite of products is essential.
- Experience in Simply accounting is essential.
- Experience in Excel is essential.
- Strong communication and organization skills.
- Experience working with Indigenous groups is an asset.
- Demonstrated organizational, interpersonal, and analytical skills.
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team, and self-starter when working independently.
- Valid drivers license
- Must be able to work evening and weekends when required.
Education and Experience Requirements
- Successful completion of post-secondary education in business administration, commerce, accounting or other relevant program; or two to five years relevant accounting experience and/or training or equivalent combination of education and experience, and/or previous related experience and training.
Preference may be given to qualified members of NunatuKavut Community Council.
How to Apply
Please submit resume, cover letter and three references to:
Chelsea Dyson, HR Coordinator
NunatuKavut Community Council
In Person: 200 Kelland Drive, Happy Valley-Goose Bay, NL
Application deadline is July 21, 2022.
Please note that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.