Request for Proposals for Harvesting and Processing of Firewood
The NunatuKavut Community Council (NCC) is inviting proposals from local businesses to harvest and process 100 cords of firewood in the spring of 2020. It is part of NCC’s COVID-19 Firewood and Heat Security Initiatives in NunatuKavut. Distribution of the firewood will be coordinated by NCC.
- The successful enterprise will be asked to participate in a project debrief and may be required to provide an operations plan and schedule.
- The successful enterprise may have access to NCC’s newly acquired domestic firewood processor (stored in Port Hope Simpson) if available and required. The firewood processor would have to be returned to NCC upon completion of processing.
- Submissions from enterprises registered in Nunacor’s business directory may be given priority. For more information on registering, please visit www.nunacor.com.
- The firewood must be stored at the base of operations until it is inspected by NCC Guardians and ready for distribution.
- The successful enterprise must adhere to all public health directives related to the COVID-19 global pandemic for the duration of the contract.
If interested, please complete the proposal application form below and submit by email at email@example.com by May 6, 2020.