Request for Proposals: General Contractor services in St. Lewis, NL *REVISED*
The NunatuKavut Community Council (NCC) is inviting proposals from the private sector to prepare a parcel of land in St. Lewis that will become the future site of a community greenhouse. The general contractor will be responsible for all required equipment, materials and labour related to the completion of this project as outlined in this RFP & Scope of Work. The successful contractor will also work with NCC’s Project Manager to review and recommend supply lists required for this project.
If interested, please complete the application form contained in this RFP and submit by email to Roxanne Notley at email@example.com. Submissions must be received by 12:00 noon on May 25, 2022. All proposals will be reviewed by NCC with the successful general contractor being notified by May 31, 2022 with project works to start shortly after.
- Preference may be given to general contractors registered with the NunatuKavut Business Centre.
- The general contractor will be asked to participate in a project briefing, kickoff meeting, provide weekly updates to NCC’s Project Manager, and provide a final report.
- The general contractor & employees must follow any public health directives related to the COVID-19 pandemic in place during the duration of the contract.
- Work to be completed on or before June 15, 2022
If you have any questions, or to apply, please contact Roxanne Notley at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (709) 960-1043.
SCOPE OF WORK
In partnership with the town of St. Lewis, NCC’s Environment and Natural Resources Department requires a general contractor to prepare a parcel of land.
- Site preparation. Approximately 40’x40’ area prepared to erect a 26’ diameter growing dome. The site must be cleared and within 2-3 inches of level confirmed by transit or laser level (requires stone and gravel).
- Greenhouse foundation Installation. Install floor-base foam underlay covered by stone (foam provided) plus construct a foundation required to anchor the walls of the greenhouse (see photo below). For detailed instructions, email Roxanne Notley at email@example.com
To access additional guidelines and application form, please click here to download the PDF.