RFP: Harvesting, processing and delivery of firewood
The NunatuKavut Community Council (NCC) is inviting proposals from local businesses to harvest, process and deliver 100 cords of firewood in the winter and spring of 2021. It is part of NCC’s COVID-19 Firewood and Heat Security Initiatives in NunatuKavut.
REQUIREMENTS AND GUIDELINES
- The successful enterprise will be asked to participate in a project debrief and may be required to should be between 14-18 inches in length and split.
- Delivery of one cord of wood each to NCC members will take place in a number of NunatuKavut communities based on an approved list provided by NCC. Deliveries must be done in a timely manner.
- Details must be provided on how the cords of wood will be delivered. For example, a full-size pickup with a standard bed can hold about 1/2 of a full cord or 64 cubic feet when loaded neatly stacked and even with the top of the bed.
- The firewood must be stored at the base of operations until it is inspected by NCC Guardians and ready for distribution.
- The successful enterprise may have access to NCC’s newly acquired domestic firewood processor (stored in Port Hope Simpson) if available and required. The firewood processor will be delivered to and retrieved from the enterprise worksite by NCC staff upon completion of processing.
- Submissions from enterprises registered in the NunatuKavut Business Directory may be given priority. For more information on registering, please visit www.nunacor.com.
- The successful enterprise must adhere to all public health directives related to the COVID-19 global pandemic for the duration of the contract.
If interested, please complete the proposal application form below and submit by email at firstname.lastname@example.org by February 19, 2021.