RFP issued for design, supply and installation of two solar systems in two NunatuKavut communities
RFP Issue Date: 10-24-2022
RFP Reference: Black Tickle and St. Lewis Community Solar Project
RFP Closing Date: 11-25-2022 by 5:00 PM Atlantic Standard Time (AST)
The NunatuKavut Community Council (NCC) is seeking proposals from proponents to deliver turn-key design, supply, and installation services for two (2) Programmable Logic Controller (PLC) Controlled 8.16kWpDC solar photovoltaic (PV) systems. The systems will be deployed on community buildings in the communities of Black Tickle and St. Lewis, Labrador, for a total combined system output of 16.32 kWpDC. NCC requires completion of this project by October 1, 2023 at the end of shipping season.
The successful bidder would need to fully comply with NL Hydro’s Net Metering Interconnection Requirements. The requirements are publicly available at the following URL: https://nlhydro.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/05/Newfoundland-Hydro-Interconnection-Requirements-FINAL.pdf
While these installations are not going to be treated as Net Metering projects, the same interconnection requirements would apply, with the exception of the following:
- Section 1.1 – The establishment of a Net Metering Interconnection Agreement is not required. Conformance with the Utility’s Net Metering Service Option Rules and Regulations is not required.
- Section 1.2 – Generation will not be limited to the annual energy requirements of the building.
- Section 2.0 – Point 4 and 6 – No Interconnection Agreement will be required as it will be covered under the PPA.
- Section 8.2 – An Interconnection Agreement will not be required as this will be covered under the PPA
Proponents should base their proposals on the following dates:
- RFP Issued: October 24, 2022
- Intent to Respond Form: November 4, 2022
- Question Deadline: November 8, 2022
- Answers & Addendums Issued By: November 18, 2022
- Proposals Due: November 25, 2022 by 5:00 PM Atlantic Standard Time (AST)
- Awarded By: December 15, 2022 by 5:00 PM AST
- Project Completion: October 1, 2023
Please note that the above schedule is subject to change.
All proposals must include all the forms and required deliverables as outlined in this document. Incomplete proposals will be rejected. Proposals may be submitted in person, fax, mail, or by email to the contact information below.
Proponents shall be solely responsible for the delivery of their proposal in the manner prescribed and before the closing date listed above. NCC recommends proponents submit proposals well ahead of the closing date and get confirmation of receipt; last hour submission is not recommended. Late proposals will be rejected.
To request a full RFP package, please contact:
NunatuKavut Community Council
Attention: Krista Oxford
Program and Implementation Manager
PO Box 460, Stn C
200 Kelland Drive
Happy Valley-Goose Bay, NL A0P 1C0 Canada
Tel: (709) 896-2561
Fax: (709) 896-0594