Search Minerals Bursary announced for 2022
In August 2012, NunatuKavut Community Council (NCC) and Search Minerals Inc. signed an Exploration Activity Agreement and committed to developing a positive relationship, based on mutual respect and trust. Search Minerals Inc. is a mineral exploration company that began exploring for rare earth elements near the NunatuKavut communities of St. Lewis and Port Hope Simpson in 2009. Since that time, both parties have agreed and continue to work together to understand each other’s needs and values, and to work together in partnership in an open, honest and fair manner.
In the spirit of this partnership, NCC is administering a Search Minerals Bursary, valued at $500.00. This bursary will be awarded annually to four (4) NCC members who are currently enrolled in post-secondary education and who have demonstrated significant academic achievement. Consideration will be given in all academic disciplines.
- Current member of NCC
- Enrolled in full-time studies (generally four courses or more) at a Government-recognized university or college.
- If applicable, successful completion and passing of the previous semester of post-secondary studies
- Maintained at least a 60% cumulative average
- Priority consideration will be given to NCC members who have chosen to pursue careers in mining, mineral exploration or related sectors.
Applicants must provide:
- A completed ESD Student Information Sheet
- A short essay on future goals and aspirations and why you feel you are a good candidate for this Bursary
- One reference letter (i.e. Principal/Teacher, Community Group/Council Leader, Employer, etc.)
- A copy of final high school transcript or latest post-secondary cumulative grades, if applicable
The application package must be received at NCC on or before February 28, 2022.
Please submit to:
NunatuKavut Community Council – Search Minerals Bursary
Attn: Bobbie-Lee Tuttauk
By mail: P.O. Box 460, Stn. C, Happy Valley-Goose Bay, NL A0P 1C0
By email: email@example.com
By fax: 709-896-0651