Upcoming Inuit-Centered Engagement Sessions: Discussions on Membership and Constitution
We are pleased to be hosting the Inuit-centered engagement sessions that were postponed last month (see new dates below).
Join NCC to discuss Inuit History and Governance, with a focus on our guiding Constitution and membership process. NCC staff will be on the ground and will be joined virtually by Dr. Amy Hudson, Chief Governance Officer, and Krista Oxford, Executive Manager for the Office of Governance and Rights Secretariat.
Meetings were held in Happy Valley-Goose Bay, May 23-24, 2023, and in Black Tickle September 21, 2023. The events drew many NunatuKavut Inuit who shared their stories and connection to place. We want to extend the same opportunity for Full-Members Resident in other communities. We hope you can join us for these upcoming meetings!
- St. Lewis Town Hall – Oct 25, 9:00 – 11:00 a.m.
- Port Hope Simpson Museum – Oct 25, 1:30 – 3:30 p.m.
- Sandwich Bay Community Hub in Cartwright – Oct 25, 6:30 – 8:30 p.m.
- Mary’s Harbour Rec Centre Multi-purpose Room – Oct 26, 9:00 – 11:00 a.m.
- Charlottetown Rec Centre – Oct 26, 1:30 – 3:30 p.m.
- Labrador Straits (VIRTUAL ONLY) – Oct 27, 1:30 – 3:00 p.m. AST
- Virtual session for Full-Members Non-Resident – Oct 27, 3:30 – 5:00 p.m. AST
** Attendees can participate in their respective community meetings in person, or via Zoom if they so choose. Please contact Krista Oxford for the Zoom link – see info below.
Registration is required!
Refreshments will be served, and we will be having prize draws! Our Membership office staff will also be joining via Zoom, to answer any questions participants may have.
If you would like to register, or if you have any questions, please contact:
Executive Manager, Office of Governance and Rights Secretariat
Tel: (709) 896-2659