We are hiring a Chief Administration Officer!
The NunatuKavut Community Council (NCC)
NunatuKavut means “our ancient land” and refers to the territory of Inuit who belong to south and central Labrador. NCC is a rights-based governing body that represents NunatuKavut Inuit. We are a dynamic, fast-paced and growing team that strives to meet the priorities, interests and needs of our people. Our governing vision demonstrates commitment to community and culture as we seek “to govern ourselves, provide and care for one another, our families and our communities while nurturing our relationship with our lands and waters.” We foster an open and transparent working environment which incorporates Inuit values of caring, fairness, respect, accountability and teamwork.
We are looking for a collaborative and highly organized Chief Administration Officer (CAO) to join our team at our head office in Happy Valley-Goose Bay, Labrador.
As CAO, you will be responsible for safeguarding the integrity of NCC’s new Governance Law and accountable for the efficient administration of the Leadership Secretariat (LS). This includes responsibilities like:
- Creating methods for tracking and following up on directives, resolutions, and all actions pursuant to the running of NCC, thus keeping agenda items alive and moving.
- Collaborating with the LS on the development of agendas that address key items for Governing Council meetings, LS meetings, Annual General Assemblies (AGA) and AGA Community Meetings.
- Chairing and facilitating LS meetings.
- Ensuring the recording of minutes, full text of resolutions, safekeeping and filing official documents/books/records
- Ensuring that all actions and decisions adhere to Governance Laws and related policies.
- Receiving and responding to queries from Directors for items that require attention and decision from the Leadership Secretariat.
- Fulfilling documentation and signing authority requirements on behalf of the LS.
- Reporting annually to Council regarding the implementation of the Governance Law.
Salary range is $100,000 to $140,000 per annum.
- A university degree in Administration and 5-10 years of project management experience or an acceptable combination of education and experience.
- Excellent judgement and ability to facilitate consensus-based agreement and or recommendation. Ensures the right conversations are being held, by the right people.
- Proactive and detail-oriented planner and organizer – someone who will create systems to document and track – and will maintain the systems.
- Exceptional administration and organization capabilities. Strong attention to detail.
- Demonstrated, effective communication skills – able to verbally communicate need and guide people toward taking appropriate action.
- A keen ability to clear clutter and prioritize and focus on the most important items.
- An ability to influence without direct authority. Strong relationship building. Quiet confidence. Able to diffuse conflicts with colleagues.
- The highest integrity.
- Comprehensive group benefits plan: extended health and dental care and disability and life insurance.
- RRSP contribution plan.
- Employee and Family Assistance Program.
- Flexible schedule.
- Supportive and forward-thinking leadership team that values employee input and ideas.
- Family-friendly work environment where diversity and inclusion are valued.
The Application Process
Submit cover letter, resume and three references to Chelsea Dyson, HR Coordinator by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include competition number NCCCAO0223.
Deadline to apply is March 10, 2023. Preference will be given to members of NCC. Only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.