We are hiring a Chief Operations Officer!
The NunatuKavut Community Council (NCC)
NunatuKavut means “our ancient land” and refers to the territory of Inuit who belong to south and central Labrador. NCC is a rights-based governing body that represents NunatuKavut Inuit. We are a dynamic, fast-paced and growing team that strives to meet the priorities, interests and needs of our people. Our governing vision demonstrates commitment to community and culture as we seek “to govern ourselves, provide and care for one another, our families and our communities while nurturing our relationship with our lands and waters.” We foster an open and transparent working environment which incorporates Inuit values of caring, fairness, respect, accountability and teamwork.
We are seeking a highly collaborative and inspiring motivator to help our organization navigate an exciting period of transition and growth as Chief Operations Officer (COO) in Happy Valley-Goose Bay, NL.
As a driving force within our leadership secretariat, you will steer the day-to-day operational and administrative functions of the organization. In this role, you will have the opportunity to:
- Lead the way in keeping our directors and staff informed and prepared for changes within the organization.
- Bring fresh perspectives by evaluating current policies, processes, and systems and implementing changes to enhance our administrative, financial, operational, technology, and reporting processes.
Champion Strategic & Operational Planning
- Collaborate with the Chief Governance Officer to execute the Strategic Planning process with precision.
- Partner with directors to craft department operating plans that align with our strategic goals.
- Join forces with the CFO and directors to create a robust budget that supports our financial and operational objectives.
- Optimize financial stability by positioning the organization to fully leverage funding sources.
- Negotiate contracts and leases that benefit the organization and make recommendations to Council or leadership Secretariat when appropriate.
- Evaluate the leadership capacity and skill level of directors in collaboration with the Chief Governance Officer and create personalized developmental plans for each director and function.
- Assess the current performance capabilities of each department and work with directors to elevate performance.
- Develop departmental key performance indicators, processes, tools, and reporting structures to ensure effective progress reporting on annual work plans and strategic goals.
Salary range is $100,000 to $140,000 per annum.
- A Bachelor’s degree holder in business administration or a related field with a minimum of 8-10 years of progressive management experience, with a strong focus on operations and financial management. An advanced degree and experience with a non-governmental or social impact organization are desirable, but not required.
- A change agent with a proven track record of leading and managing change in fast-paced, complex, and dynamic environments and building consensus around a shared vision.
- An accomplished mentor who excels in establishing relationships that unlock team potential and elevate the performance of the organization.
- Skilled in building and maintaining strong relationships with key stakeholders, including funders, partners, and supporters.
- Adept at identifying, analyzing, and resolving complex problems.
- An excellent communicator with exceptional verbal and written skills and the ability to articulate complex ideas with clarity and conviction.
- Proficient in financial management and principles, with experience in budgeting, forecasting, and analysis, and the ability to manage risk.
- A team player with proven experience working effectively with cross-functional teams and building partnerships with external organizations.
- Comprehensive group benefits plan including extended health and dental care, disability and life insurance.
- An RRSP contribution plan
- Employee and Family Assistance Program.
- Flexible schedule.
- Supportive and forward-thinking leadership team that values employee input and ideas.
- Family-friendly work environment where diversity and inclusion are valued.
The Application Process
Submit cover letter, resume and three references to Chelsea Dyson, HR Coordinator by email to email@example.com. Please include competition number NCCCOO023.
Deadline to apply is March 10, 2023. Preference will be given to members of NCC. Only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.