We are hiring a Communications Manager!
Competition number NCCCM031422
The NunatuKavut Community Council (NCC) is accepting applications for the position of Communications Manager, located in Happy Valley-Goose Bay, Labrador. The successful applicant will help oversee both internal and external communications initiatives and manage communications staff. This position will report to the Strategic Communications Lead.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Help draft and implement communications plans and strategies.
- Management of day-to-day media relations, including development of key messages.
- Prepare and edit a variety of communications products, ex. news releases, fact sheets, annual report, posters, presentations, etc.
- Supervise Communications staff, including assigning and reviewing work.
- Ensure adherence to NCC branding policies to ensure external communications is accurate, relevant, and consistent.
- Liaise with other staff and management to ensure communications support across departments.
- Event planning and management.
- Support the Strategic Communications Lead with crisis and issues management.
- Perform other duties as required.
Skills and Qualifications
- Must demonstrate progressively responsible leadership and management experience, including staff supervision.
- Must clearly demonstrate experience in project management.
- Demonstrated experience in strategic communications, including development of key messages and developing and implementing communications plans.
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal and communications skills with strong writing and editorial abilities.
- Must have the ability to work effectively in a team environment.
- Strong decision-making and problem-solving skills.
- Must be able to meet tight deadlines and execute multiple projects in a fast-paced, often pressured environment.
- The ability to develop and maintain professional relationships with external stakeholders is critical.
- Adept at using various computer software applications such as MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Experience with graphic design and brand management.
- Knowledge of NunatuKavut Inuit and communities.
- Must be available to work evenings and weekends and travel as needed.
- Must have valid driver’s license.
- Experience working with Indigenous groups is an asset.
Education and Experience Requirements
- Post-secondary education in Business, Communications, Public Relations or Journalism preferred and a minimum of 5 years’ experience in a leading communications role; or an acceptable combination of education and experience.
Preference may be given to qualified members of NunatuKavut Community Council.
How to Apply
Please submit resume, cover letter stating competition number and three references to:
Chelsea Dyson, HR Coordinator
NunatuKavut Community Council
Deadline for applications is April 6, 2022.
Please note that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.