We are hiring a Communications Officer!
The NunatuKavut Community Council (NCC) is accepting applications for the position of Communications Officer, located at NCC’s head office in Happy Valley-Goose Bay, Labrador. The successful applicant will support both internal and external communications initiatives. This position will report to the Director of Communications.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Support the development of an innovative communications strategy
- Collaborate with other departments on the development of communications materials
- Monitor media and stay informed of current events
- Assist in the development of a variety of communications products, ex. news releases, fact sheets, annual report, posters, presentations, etc.
- Assist in the coordination of event planning and implementation
- Document NCC events and activities through photos and videos
- Maintain a photo and video library
- Assist with updating NCC’s website and social media sites
- Assist in financial planning and budgeting
- Travel for various meetings and events
- Other related duties, as assigned
Skills and Qualifications
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal and communications skills (both written and verbal)
- Energetic, dynamic, creative and adaptable
- Ability to understand, analyze, and write about complex information
- Must be able to work evenings and weekends as needed
- Experience in managing multiple projects and priorities
- Close attention to detail and ability to edit and proofread
- Ability to think critically and strategically
- Good problem-solving skills is essential
- Experience in basic graphic design
- Adept at using various computer software applications such as MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Photography experience is an asset
- Must have valid driver’s license
Education and Experience Requirements
- Post-secondary education in Business, Communications, Public Relations or Journalism preferred, along with two to five years of experience in a related field or an acceptable combination of education and experience.
Preference may be given to qualified members of NunatuKavut Community Council.
How to Apply
Maryjane Dyson, Director of HR
NunatuKavut Community Council
Deadline for applications is July 20, 2020.