We are hiring a Finance and Administrative Assistant
Competition # NCCFAA112720
The NunatuKavut Community Council (NCC) is seeking applications for a Financial/Administrative Assistant position at our head office in Happy Valley-Goose Bay, Labrador. The incumbent will be responsible for general administration and finance functions of the Environment and Natural Resources Department related to NCC’s Aboriginal Aquatics Resource Oceans Management Program (AAROM) including the processing invoice payments, generating purchase orders, and monitoring of program budgets.
NunatuKavut means “our ancient land” and refers to the territory of Inuit who reside primarily in south and central Labrador. NCC is a rights-based governing body that represents NunatuKavut Inuit. We are a dynamic, fast-paced and growing team that strives to meet the priorities, interests and needs of our people. Our governing vision demonstrates commitment to community and culture as we seek “to govern ourselves, provide and care for one another, our families and our communities while nurturing our relationship with our lands and waters.” We foster an open and transparent working environment which incorporates Inuit values of caring, fairness, respect, accountability and teamwork.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Provide financial and administrative support for various ENR programs (in particular NCC’s AAROM Program) and services.
- Assist in coordinating ENR programs and services (including the organization of the annual Stewardship Workshop).
- Assist with financial planning, budget monitoring and tracking.
- Monitor and maintain financial systems for the ENR department.
- Data entry and document production.
- Generate purchase orders, process invoices for department.
- Prepare budget monitoring reports as requested by ENR management.
- Assist with monthly, quarterly, and annual reports to Department Director and Manager.
- Develop and foster healthy relationships with other organizations as it relates NCC priorities.
- Provide a diverse support to the ENR department as directed; and
- Other duties as required
Skills and Qualifications
The ideal candidate should possess the following skills or competencies:
- Proficiency in the MS office suite of products is essential.
- Must have experience in Simply accounting and Excel
- Strong communication and organization skills.
- Experience working with indigenous groups is an asset.
- Demonstrated organizational, interpersonal, and analytical skills.
- Ability to work effectively as a part of a team, and self-starter when working independently.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Must be able to work evening and weekends when required
- Preference may be given to qualified members of NunatuKavut Community Council.
Successful completion of post-secondary education in business administration, commerce, accounting, or other relevant program; or two to five years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
How to Apply
Please submit resume, listing three references, and cover letter (stating competition number) to:
Human Resources Coordinator
NunatuKavut Community Council
In Person: 200 Kelland Drive, Happy Valley-Goose Bay, Labrador
Deadline to apply: November 30, 2020
Please note that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.