We are hiring a general community worker in Black Tickle!
Competition # NCCPO120220
The NunatuKavut Community Council (NCC) is seeking applications for a General Community Worker in Black Tickle. This individual will be reporting to the Chair of the Black Tickle Local Service District (LSD). This is a full-time, temporary position for 24 weeks.
NunatuKavut means “our ancient land” and refers to the territory of Inuit who reside primarily in south and central Labrador. NCC is a rights-based governing body that represents NunatuKavut Inuit. We are a dynamic, fast-paced and growing team that strives to meet the priorities, interests and needs of our people. Our governing vision demonstrates commitment to community and culture as we seek “to govern ourselves, provide and care for one another, our families and our communities while nurturing our relationship with our lands and waters.” We foster an open and transparent working environment which incorporates Inuit values of caring, fairness, respect, accountability and teamwork.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Provide general labor assistance as identified by NCC and the Black Tickle LSD.
• Distribution, care, and maintenance of water station and fuel station.
• Provide basic maintenance services to the community center, ie. checking fuel, snow clearing, clearing accessways, etc.
• Provide logistical and technical support to NCC and the Black Tickle LSD as needed in the delivery of services to the community.
• Other duties related to NCC’s community response in Black Tickle.
Skills and Qualifications
The ideal candidate should possess the following skills or competencies:
• A good sense of community and good community knowledge.
• Knowledge of local area and traditional practices.
• Good communication and organization skills is essential.
• Ability to get along and work collaboratively with others.
• Must be willing to work flexible hours.
How to Apply
Please submit cover letter and CV/resume (including three references), stating competition number, to:
Human Resources Coordinator
NunatuKavut Community Council
Deadline for applications is January 29, 2021.
Please note that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.