We are hiring a general community worker in Black Tickle
Competition number NCC032520GCW
The NunatuKavut Community Council (NCC) is seeking applications for a General Community Worker in the community of Black Tickle. The candidate will work with the Community Liaison/Coordinator in the provision of basic and essential general services identified as part of NCC’s COVID-19 strategic response for Elders, families and individuals in need. This is a temporary six- month position.
NCC fosters a safe and healthy work environment that ensures full compliance with the latest public health directives related to the COVID-19 global pandemic.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Provide general
labour assistance as identified as part of NCC’s COVID-19 response initiative:
- Delivery of goods and services including snow shoveling for seniors, delivering groceries to those unable to get out, assisting in duties related to the pickup and delivery of supplies to and from the clinic, etc
- Delivery of essential services such as fuel, wood and water.
- Promote traditional hunting and fishing.
- Promote safe and healthy communities.
- Provide logistical and technical support to NCC as needed in the delivery of services to the community.
- Other duties related to NCC’s COVID-19 community response strategy.
Skills and Qualifications
The ideal candidate should possess the following skills or competencies:
- A good sense of community and good community knowledge.
- Knowledge of local area and traditional practices.
- Good communication and organization skills is essential.
- Ability to get along and work collaboratively with others.
- Must be willing to work flexible hours.
- Must be able to operate a snowmobile or All-Terrain Vehicle. Please indicate in your letter of interest if you have access to a workable snowmobile or ATV and have a valid driver’s license.
How to Apply
The deadline for applications is March 27, 2020. Please submit a letter of interest outlining your suitability to this position to:
Director, Human Resources
NunatuKavut Community Council Inc.
Please note that only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.