We are hiring a Program Support Assistant in Port Hope Simpson!
Competition number NCCPSA041621
The NunatuKavut Community Council (NCC) is accepting applications for the position of Program Support Assistant in Port Hope Simpson. It is an administrative support position responsible for providing high level support to the Environment and Natural Resources department. This is a temporary position for up to 28 weeks.
NunatuKavut means “our ancient land” and refers to the territory of Inuit who reside primarily in south and central Labrador. NCC is a rights-based governing body that represents NunatuKavut Inuit. We are a dynamic, fast-paced and growing team that strives to meet the priorities, interests and needs of our people. Our governing vision demonstrates commitment to community and culture as we seek “to govern ourselves, provide and care for one another, our families and our communities while nurturing our relationship with our lands and waters.” We foster an open and transparent working environment which incorporates Inuit values of caring, fairness, respect, accountability and teamwork.
Roles and Responsibilities
- General office administration and file management functions for the ENR department.
- Greet members (in-person and telephone) and provide them with assistance in navigating services.
- Provide information to applicants regarding ENR licensing requirements, i.e. deadlines, catch logs, etc. Liaises with department manager/supervisors in the case of any uncertainty.
- Data entry and document production.
- Notifies members of new and relevant changes to fish and wildlife regulations.
- Liaises with NCC Natural Resources management team on behalf of members
- Assist in the coordination and delivery of programs and services.
- Develop and foster healthy relationships with other organizations as it relates NCC priorities.
- Respond to member enquiries regarding concerns with utmost courtesy and tact and direct them to the appropriate avenues to resolve their concerns.
- Maintain an adequate supply of licences and any other materials necessary for the operation of the office.
- Other duties as required
Conditions of Employment
- Travel may be required.
Skills and Qualifications
- Solid general office administration skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, as well as organizational and interpersonal skills
- Proficiency in the MS office suite of products is essential.
- Ability to work effectively as a part of a team, and self-starter when working independently.
- Must be able to work evening and weekends when required
- Good local area knowledge is required.
- Experience working with Indigenous groups is an asset.
Education and Experience Requirements
- Post-Secondary education in office administration, business administration or social sciences or an equivalent combination of education and relevant experience.
Preference may be given to qualified members of NunatuKavut Community Council.
How to Apply
Please submit resume and cover letter and three references to:
NunatuKavut Community Council
Application deadline is April 29. 2021.
Please note that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.