We are hiring an administration assistant!
The NunatuKavut Community Council (NCC) is seeking applications for a temporary position (4- 6 months) as Administrative Assistant (front desk) at its head office in Happy Valley-Goose Bay. Working under the direction of the Manager of Finance and Administration, the Administrative Assistant is responsible for the general administration functions of the head office as well as being the first point of contact for clients at the front desk.
NunatuKavut means “our ancient land” and refers to the territory of Inuit who reside primarily in south and central Labrador. The NunatuKavut Community Council (NCC) is a rights-based governing body that represents NunatuKavut Inuit. We are a dynamic, fast-paced and growing team that strives to meet the priorities, interests and needs of our people. Our governing vision demonstrates commitment to community and culture as we seek “to govern ourselves, provide and care for one another, our families and our communities while nurturing our relationship with our lands and waters.” We foster an open and transparent working environment which incorporates Inuit values of caring, fairness, respect, accountability and teamwork.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Greet clients (in-person and telephone) and provide them with assistance in navigating services.
- Provide administrative support for various programs and services.
- Data entry and document production.
- Assist in the coordination and delivery of programs and services
- General office administration and file management functions
- Demonstrate a commitment to NCC’s employee values and policies.
- Develop and foster healthy relationships with other organizations as it relates NCC priorities.
- Provide a diverse support to the organization as directed.
Skills and Qualifications
- Post-Secondary education in office administration, business administration or social sciences or an equivalent combination of education and relevant experience.
- Knowledge of Indigenous cultures in the region.
- Solid general office administration skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, as well as organizational and interpersonal skills
- Proficiency in the MS office suite of products is essential.
- Ability to work effectively as a part of a team, and self-starter when working independently.
- Must be able to work evening and weekends when required
Preference will be given to qualified members of NCC.
How to Apply
The deadline for applications is August 11, 2020. Please submit resume, cover letter (stating competition number) and three references to:
Director, Human Resources
NunatuKavut Community Council
By mail: PO Box 460, Stn C, Happy Valley-Goose Bay, NL A0P 1C0
By email: firstname.lastname@example.org
By fax: 709-896-0594