We are hiring an IT Support Technician!
The NunatuKavut Community Council (NCC)
NunatuKavut means “our ancient land” and refers to the territory of Inuit who belong to south and central Labrador. NCC is a rights-based governing body that represents NunatuKavut Inuit. We are a dynamic, fast-paced and growing team that strives to meet the priorities, interests and needs of our people. Our governing vision demonstrates commitment to community and culture as we seek “to govern ourselves, provide and care for one another, our families and our communities while nurturing our relationship with our lands and waters.” We foster an open and transparent working environment which incorporates Inuit values of caring, fairness, respect, accountability and teamwork.
We are looking for an IT Support Technician to join our team at our head office in Happy Valley-Goose Bay, Labrador. We are open to flexible working arrangements.
As an IT Support Technician, you will be responsible for providing overall IT support to NCC in all office locations throughout NunatuKavut. This includes responsibilities like:
- Providing daily technical support to NCC employees and Governing Councillors in person, by video or by, telephone or email;
- Performing diagnostic tests and troubleshooting to identify IT-related issues;
- Coordinates and maintains applicable records such as network users, security, and tracking inventory levels of equipment and materials;
- Setting up and maintaining a networking and file-sharing system;
- Performing regular maintenance on computer systems to ensure efficient operations; and
- Providing advice and accurate information on IT products or services.
- Participating as an active member of the senior leadership team and representing NCC as necessary, i.e. community events, conferences and committees; and
- Overseeing the departmental budget and reporting on expenditures for departmental projects in accordance with financial control and administrative procedures.
- Two plus years in an end-user service-centric helpdesk/desktop support role supporting Windows & Mac environments with MS Office;
- An associate or bachelor’s degree in computer science or relevant work-related experience (industry certifications are a plus);
- Excellent listening, verbal and written communication skills;
- Demonstrated experience in applying knowledge/skills in an end-user support environment;
- A strong analytical aptitude and decision-making and problem-solving skills in a technical environment;
- An ability to multi-task across several ongoing tasks of varying priorities as required;
- An ability to understand and clearly communicate technical information to non-IT personnel;
- To be able to work with minimal supervision and with initiative and good judgement;
- An ability and willingness to work overtime; and
- Experience troubleshooting issues with:
- Microsoft Office products
- Windows Operating Systems
- Mac Operating Systems
- Mobile devices (Apple iPhones, Android Phones)
- Computer systems (Laptops, Desktops NUCs, Tablets)
- Basic LAN/WAN connectivity.
- Comprehensive group benefits plan: extended health and dental care and disability and life insurance.
- RRSP contribution plan.
- Employee and Family Assistance Program.
- Flexible schedule.
- Supportive and forward-thinking leadership team that values employee input and ideas.
- Family-friendly work environment where diversity and inclusion are valued.
The Application Process
Submit cover letter, resume and three references to Chelsea Dyson, HR Coordinator by email to email@example.com. Please include competition number NCCIST072522 .
Deadline to apply is August 8, 2022.
Preference may be given to members of NCC. Only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.