We are looking for election assistants!
The NunatuKavut Community Council (NCC) is seeking Election Assistants in eight NunatuKavut communities to help members who may need help voting in the upcoming 2020 NunatuKavut General Election, which is being conducted virtually online and by telephone. Communities include Cartwright, Charlottetown, Black Tickle, Port Hope Simpson, St. Lewis, Mary’s Harbour, Labrador City/Wabush and a community in the Straits. These are temporary, on-call positions during the hours of 8:30 a.m. to 8:30 p.m. daily from September 22 to September 29. A daily of rate $150 will be provided. Assistants will report to the Chief Elections Officer.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Provide technical assistance and support to voters who are having challenges with the virtual voting process, which may include home visits upon request.
- Strict adherence to COVID-19 public health directives in place at the time of employment. All protective and sanitation supplies will be provided by NCC.
- Participate in a training session with the Chief Elections Officer and the election service provider (Simply Voting) prior to September 22.
- Other duties related to the election process.
Skills and Qualifications
The ideal candidates should possess the following skills or competencies:
- Proficiency with Internet platforms and touchtone phones
- Good communication skills are essential
- Ability to get along and work collaboratively with others
- Access to a telephone and laptop or device is essential
Preference may be given to qualified members of the NunatuKavut Community Council.
How to Apply
Please submit a resume and cover letter by 4:30 p.m. AST on August 28, 2020 to:
Debbie Goudie, Chief Elections Officer