We’re hiring a Community Employment Coordinator! (SANDWICH BAY/ISLAND OF PONDS)
Competition number NCCCEC0423
NunatuKavut Community Council (NCC) is seeking a Community Employment Coordinator in our Cartwright Office. Reporting to the Employment and Skills Development Manager, this position is responsible for supporting employment services delivery and training for employment projects and programs. The position will assist and support unemployed and underemployed NunatuKavut members to navigate government programs and services, funding agencies, training services, etc to gain access to successful employment.
NunatuKavut means “our ancient land” and refers to the territory of Southern Inuit who reside primarily in south and central Labrador. NCC is a rights-based governing body that represents NunatuKavut Inuit. We are a dynamic, fast-paced and growing team that strives to meet the priorities, interests and needs of our people. Our governing vision demonstrates commitment to community and culture as we seek “to govern ourselves, provide and care for one another, our families and our communities while nurturing our relationship with our lands and waters.” We foster an open and transparent working environment which incorporates Inuit values of caring, fairness, respect, accountability and teamwork.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Work with member clients to secure employment and educational opportunities.
- Develop employment and career action plans with member clients to assist in successful attachment to the workforce including follow-up to ensure they feel connected, supported, and guided to the best outcomes.
- Maintain and administer reporting requirements for employment and training contracts.
- Research and keep up to date with Labour market demands and opportunities.
- Write and submit quarterly reports as required by program guidelines.
- Delivery, promotion and marketing of programs and projects
- Assist with the preparation of detailed progress reports as stipulated by the various contribution agreements specific to human resource development.
- Provide diverse organizational support to NunatuKavut as directed by the Senior Manager.
- Other duties as assigned.
Skills and Qualifications
- Must have successfully completed post-secondary education in business administration, human resource development, Employment Counselling, or similar social field; or a minimum of three years’ experience working in a similar role or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Must have the ability to motivate and inspire, effective communication skills, excellent organizational skills, time & stress management competences.
- High confidentiality, excellent work ethics, self-starter, punctuality, and task oriented.
- Strong communication skills both written and verbal.
- Strong attention to detail and high level of accuracy and proficiency in computer and contract management.
- Criminal Record or Vulnerable Sector Check
- Valid Driver’s License & Clean Driver’s Abstract
- Willingness to travel and work outside of business hours when necessary.
Preference may be given to qualified members of NunatuKavut Community Council.
- Dental and vision care
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- Family friendly workplace provides work/life balance.
- Leave benefits as per federally regulated requirements including Indigenous Cultural, Personal, Vacation and Sick leave benefits, etc.
$52,500 – $62,500 per annum.
How to Apply
Please submit resume or curriculum vitae, cover letter stating competition number, and three references to:
Chelsea Dyson, Human Resources Coordinator
NunatuKavut Community Council
In Person: 200 Kelland Drive, Happy Valley-Goose Bay, Labrador
Deadline for applications is April 13, 2023 at 12:00 noon
Please note that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.