We’re hiring a Virtual Craft Fair Host!
Competition Number: NCCFH011921
The NunatuKavut Community Council (NCC) is seeking applications for a Virtual Craft Fair Host. This individual will be reporting to Byrn Wood, Director of Research, Education and Culture. This is a Part-Time-Temporary position with possibly of extension.
NunatuKavut means “our ancient land” and refers to the territory of Inuit who reside primarily in south and central Labrador. NCC is a rights-based governing body that represents NunatuKavut Inuit. We are a dynamic, fast-paced and growing team that strives to meet the priorities, interests and needs of our people. Our governing vision demonstrates commitment to community and culture as we seek “to govern ourselves, provide and care for one another, our families and our communities while nurturing our relationship with our lands and waters.” We foster an open and transparent working environment which incorporates Inuit values of caring, fairness, respect, accountability and teamwork.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Network with crafters across NunatuKavut to identify if they require assistance regarding online Craft fairs.
• Identify opportunities in markets.
• Coordinate times and dates for craft gatherings.
• Document skills/ crafts available for an online database.
• Assist Crafters with innovation and marketing.
• Coach crafters on marketing, online ordering, etc to advance their marketability.
Skills and Qualifications
The ideal candidate should possess the following skills or competencies:
• Strong technological skills are an asset.
• Must have strong communication skills.
• Must be willing to work a flexible schedule.
• Ability to get along and work collaboratively with others.
• Strong passion for crafting
How to Apply
Please submit cover letter and CV/resume (including three references), stating competition number, to:
Human Resources Coordinator
NunatuKavut Community Council
Deadline for applications is January 24, 2021.
Please note that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.