We’re hiring an Administrative Officer!
Competition number NCC090622
The NunatuKavut Community Council (NCC) is seeking applications for an Administrative Officer position at the Research, Education and Culture (REC) office in Happy Valley-Goose Bay, Labrador. This individual will be responsible for providing high-level administration and financial functions for the REC department, including monitoring of expenditures, tracking invoice payments, and monitoring program budgets.
NunatuKavut means “our ancient land” and refers to the territory of Inuit who belong to south and central Labrador. NCC is a rights-based governing body that represents NunatuKavut Inuit. We are a dynamic, fast-paced, and growing team that strives to meet the priorities, interests and needs of our people. Our governing vision demonstrates commitment to community and culture as we seek “to govern ourselves, providing and caring for one another, our families and our communities while nurturing our relationship with our lands and waters.” We foster an open and transparent working environment which incorporates Inuit values of caring, fairness, respect, accountability, and teamwork.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Provide high level financial and administrative support functions to the REC department.
- Assist in the tracking of activity related to approved contribution agreements.
- Assist in the administration and tracking of research activity/files including research applications, monitoring research email account, etc.
- Coordinate purchase of service and goods for REC including work orders.
- Assist in coordinating programs and services, setting up meetings, etc as required.
- Provide budget tracking on departmental projects.
- Data entry and document production.
- General office administration and file management functions.
- Provide administrative support to the department managers in the preparation of periodic reports.
- Develop and foster healthy relationships with other organizations as it relates NCC priorities.
- Provide a diverse support to the REC department as directed; and
- Other duties as required
Skills and Qualifications
The ideal candidate should possess the following skills or competencies:
- Proficiency in the MS Office suite of products is essential.
- Occasional use of Simply Accounting may be required.
- Solid knowledge of MS Excel to record, track and analyze data.
- Strong communication and organization skills.
- Experience working with Indigenous groups is an asset.
- Knowledge of Indigenous cultures in the region.
- Demonstrated organizational, interpersonal, and analytical skills.
- Ability to work effectively as a part of a team, and self-starter when working independently.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Occasional evening and weekends may be required.
Preference may be given to qualified members of The NunatuKavut Community Council.
Successful completion of post-secondary education in business administration, or other relevant program; or two to five years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
How to Apply
Please submit resume, listing three references, and cover letter (stating competition number) to:
NunatuKavut Community Council
In Person: 200 Kelland Drive, Happy Valley-Goose Bay, Labrador
Deadline to apply: September 20th, 2022
Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.