We’re hiring two Student Positions (Admin)!
Competition number NCCSTU050923
The NunatuKavut Community Council (NCC) has two student positions at our main office at 200 Kelland Drive in Happy Valley-Goose Bay. The students will support the administrative team by assisting with various duties such as greeting member clients (in-person and telephone) and providing members with assistance in navigating services, providing general clerical duties such as filing, answering inquiries, and providing administrative support to various programs such as the community freezer.
NunatuKavut means “our ancient land” and refers to the territory of Inuit who reside primarily in south and central Labrador. NCC is a rights-based governing body that represents NunatuKavut Inuit. We are a dynamic, fast-paced, and growing team that strives to meet the priorities, interests and needs of our people. Our governing vision demonstrates commitment to community and culture as we seek “to govern ourselves, provide and care for one another, our families and our communities while nurturing our relationship with our lands and waters.” We foster an open and transparent working environment which incorporates Inuit values of caring, fairness, respect, accountability, and teamwork.
- Greet clients (in-person and telephone) and provide them with assistance in navigating services.
- Provide administrative support for various programs and services.
- Data entry and document production.
- General office administration and file management functions
- Demonstrate a commitment to NCC’s employee values and policies.
- Develop and foster healthy relationships with other organizations as it relates NCC priorities.
- Provide a diverse support to the organization as directed.
Students must be between the ages of 15 and 18 years and must be attending high school.
How to Apply
Please submit resume and cover letter to:
Chelsea Dyson, HR Coordinator
NunatuKavut Community Council
In Person: 200 Kelland Drive, Happy Valley-Goose Bay, Labrador
Deadline to apply is 4:30 p.m. on Tuesday, May 23, 2023.
Please note that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.