We’re looking for two community liaison coordinators in the Labrador Straits!
Competition # NCC030821CCL
The NunatuKavut Community Council (NCC) is seeking applications for two Community Liaison Coordinator positions in the Labrador Straits (Pinware to L’anse au Clair). The incumbents will work to ensure a cohesive and collaborative approach to identifying, coordinating, and facilitating initiatives related to NCC’s action around COVID-19 and other initiatives in our territory. These are temporary six-week positions.
NCC fosters a safe and healthy work environment that ensures full compliance with the latest public health directives related to the COVID-19 global pandemic.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Engage community members to identify issues and concerns and liaise with NCC to find best possible solution and response.
- Act as a point of contact for the NCC Community Response
- Works as part of NCC’s community response team to receive community requests for support and assists in delivery of response mechanisms.
- Coordinate various discussions within the community and with NCC (online and over the telephone) and other related activities.
- Coordinate or assist on various community and NCC initiatives such as food and water security, information sharing, goods and service distribution, etc.
- Promote traditional hunting and fishing.
- Promote safe and healthy communities.
- Provide logistical and technical support to NCC as needed in the delivery of services to the communities in the area.
- Ensure services are aligned to needs and are not duplicated.
- Other related duties as required.
Skills and Qualifications
The ideal candidates should possess the following skills or competencies:
- Experience in organizing and conducting outreach activities to promote awareness within communities.
- Experience engaging and collaborating with Indigenous groups, and other government agencies and stakeholders.
- Strong communication and organization skills is essential.
- effective interpersonal, analytical skills and problem-solving skills.
- Must be willing to work flexible hours.
- Access to Internet and a telephone.
How to Apply
The deadline for applications is March 14, 2021. Please submit a letter of interest outlining your suitability to this position to:
Chelsea Dyson, HR Coordinator
NunatuKavut Community Council Inc.
Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.