WORLD WETLANDS DAY CONTEST!
February 2 is World Wetlands Day, and NCC is celebrating with a contest! Did you know that wetlands are an important part of our daily lives – that’s right – DAILY LIVES! This year’s theme recognizes the connection between wetland health and our wellbeing. Tell us how wetlands connect to YOUR wellness, for a chance to win a prize.
**Hint: To learn how wetlands contribute to our wellbeing, keep reading, or scroll down to the photos in this post.
HOW TO ENTER:
- Go to our Facebook page on Feb 2 to see our World Wetlands Day post.
- In the comment section of that post, tell us about something that connects your wellness to wetlands.
- Photos are encouraged!
- Every person who comments will get their names entered into a draw for a pair of Vortex Diamondback binoculars.
Contest Opens Friday, Feb 2, 2024
Deadline is Friday, February 9, 2024.
- Wetlands clean our waters.
- Wetlands are home to fish and wildlife.
- Wetlands are important habitat for berries.
- Wetlands store large amounts of carbon, and serves an important role in climate change resilience.
- Wetlands have supported NunatuKavut Inuit for many generations, for berry picking, traveling the land in winter, and more!
One of the calls to action for this year is to join in the global effort to conserve wetlands. NCC’s wetland and protected areas project is doing just that! It aims to identify wetlands of biological and cultural significance to NunatuKavut Inuit. This winter, a series of in-person events will introduce you to this project and potential protected areas near you, which are developed by and for NunatuKavut Inuit.
Stay tuned into our upcoming events to find out more about NCC’s wetlands work!