NOTE: this program is now closed as funds have been exhausted as of March 22, 2023. Thank you for your participation!
The Community Recreation and Wellness Grants Program will support NunatuKavut communities in promoting recreational activities that are catered to specific identified community and household needs. It was developed by the NunatuKavut Community Council (NCC) COVID-19 response team and is part of a series of measures to help ensure that members and communities have the support they need.
All projects or initiatives must:
- Target NCC members and community needs; and
- Involve recreational sports and/or activities as they relate to community health and well-being.
Eligible applicants include:
- non-profit or community groups with a project or initiative that benefits NunatuKavut Inuit; and
- individual NCC members living in NunatuKavut, representing their household.
Group maximum amount $1,000 | Household maximum amount $250
Grants must be used for expenses relating to the purchase of necessary items as they relate to recreational sport and community health and well-being. Costs will be reimbursed from September 1, 2022 to March 31, 2023 until funding is exhausted.
- Snow equipment such as snowshoes, skis & poles, skates
- Safety equipment for snow sports such as helmets, knee/elbow pads, etc.
- Sporting goods such as pucks, balls, rackets, sticks, sport-specific shoes, etc.
- Gym, recreation center or sport membership fees such as ski-clubs
- Travel costs for NCC members participating in sporting events. This excludes participation in the 2023 Labrador Winter Games
Funds will be reimbursed with a proof of purchase, i.e. receipts or accepted quotes, which must accompany your application.
For more information on this program, please contact Natalie Ward at (709) 897-5448 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org