The Community Recreation and Wellness Grants Program will support NunatuKavut communities in promoting recreational activities that are catered to specific identified community and household needs. It was developed by the NunatuKavut Community Council (NCC) COVID-19 response team and is part of a series of measures to help ensure that members and communities have the support they need during this pandemic.
All projects or initiatives must:
- Demonstrate a commitment to following the public health guidelines around COVID-19, including NLVaxPass for group and indoor initiatives;
- Target NCC members and community needs; and
- Involve recreational sports and/or activities as they relate to community health and well-being.
Eligible applicants include any non-profit or community group in NunatuKavut, and individual NCC members living in NunatuKavut, representing their household.
Group maximum amount $500.00 | Household maximum amount $100.00
Grants must be used for expenses relating to the purchase of necessary items as they relate to recreational sport and community health and well-being. Costs will be reimbursed from November 1, 2021 to March 31, 2022 or until funding is exhausted.
- Snow equipment such as snowshoes, skis & poles, skates
- Safety equipment for snow sports such as helmets, knee/elbow pads, etc.
- Sporting goods such as pucks, balls, rackets, sticks, sport-specific shoes, etc.
- Gym, recreation center or sport membership fees such as ski-clubs
- Travel costs for NCC youth participating in sporting events
Funds will be reimbursed with a proof of purchase, i.e. receipts or accepted quotes, which must accompany your application.
For more information on this program please contact Kayla Beals, Community Health and Wellness Liaison at (709) 660-8086 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org