Please note this program is now closed pending approval of additional federal COVID-19 funding.
The Cultural Mental Wellness Community Fund is a grant program. It is being put in place to assist groups in NunatuKavut communities to carry out projects or initiatives that celebrate Inuit culture while improving mental well-being. This may include initiatives that are community-specific or region-wide. Eligible applicants are any non-profit or community group in NunatuKavut. Grants of up to $3,000 are available and the non-profit or community group can only apply one time for this fund.
Application deadlines: Friday, May 29 and Friday, June 12.
If you have any questions about this grant or if you want to make alternate arrangements in submitting the application form, please contact:
- Charlottetown Fire Department: weekly (10) online bingo games
- Pinsent’s Arm Recreation Committee: weekly virtual bingo, virtual craft night, photo and craft contest, healthy challenges, and games
- Sewing in Traditions (Black Tickle): virtual bingo, rock painting, colouring contest for children and making teddy bears to send to the Janeway
- Lodge Bay Local Service District (for Lodge Bay and Mary’s Harbour): four-week virtual craft project involving applique, tufting, beadwork and embroidery
- Town of Port Hope Simpson: a family walking program, offering barbeque items upon completion as an incentive