The NunatuKavut General Election is taking place on September 29, 2020.
NunatuKavut will be accepting nominations for the following positions from 8:30 a.m. AST on August 26, 2020 to 4:30 p.m. AST on September 1, 2020:
- Youth Representative
- Area Councillors
Please note the following:
- Candidates must be Full Members of the NunatuKavut Community Council
- Nomination documents can be picked up from the Chief Elections Officer in Suite 201 at 169 Hamilton River Road, Happy Valley Goose Bay during regular business hours (8:30 AM to 4:30 PM AST) or can be requested by phone at 709-896-0416 or 709-899-1557
- Nominations can only be received by the Chief Elections Officer in Suite 201 at 169 Hamilton River Road during regular business hours (8:30 AM to 4:30 PM AST)
- Candidates shall return signed nomination papers by hand delivery, emailed (after being scanned) or faxed. All original papers must be mailed or couriered within two days of filing nomination papers
- Candidates can obtain a voters list for their area once nominations are closed. They must sign a release form indicating the list will be returned to Chief Elections Officer within 10 days after the election results are announced
The list of candidates will be posted within two business days of the close of nominations on September 1, 2020.
Questions? Please contact:
Chief Elections Officer