**Country Food Harvester Support Grant funds have been exhausted,
program is now closed. Date: April 1, 2022**
The Country Food Harvester Support Grant Program was introduced by the NunatuKavut Community Council (NCC) in response to the COVID-19 global pandemic. It is part of a series of urgent and short-term measures being undertaken by NCC to help ensure that members and communities have the support they need during this pandemic.
The latest phase of this program is open for a short period of time with a requirement to document the food caught and whether there was enough to share. This phase of the program starts on March 24, 2022 and runs until funds are exhausted. The emphasis on this phase is securing food and sharing of country/wild foods. It is traditional practice to share food harvested with elders, widowers, and vulnerable persons. We are expecting those who access this program to share a portion of their harvest.
This program provides one grant for country/wild food harvesters:
- Country Food Harvesting Support Grant ($250)
This will help to cover costs of items like ammunition and fuel associated with the harvesting of country foods, birds, rabbits, trout, smelts, etc.
If interested, complete the short application form below and submit by email or via telephone to email@example.com or (709) 960-1043.
- Only one applicant per household will be accepted for each grant.
- No endangered, threatened or protected species shall be harvested, i.e. Boreal Caribou, Harlequin Ducks, etc.
- Harvesters must have their valid NCC membership card in their possession at all times.
- Members accessing the grant for hunting and trapping must hold a valid Possession and Acquisition License, if applicable.
- Generally accepted regulations and guidelines for hunter safety must be observed at all times.
- Members must follow all public health directives related to the COVID-19 global pandemic
- Harvesters must record the type of food harvested (approximate lbs), how many meals it provided including the meals shared with another household and how many hunting/fishing trips was possible through the grant provided. (This information is required for reporting purposes only).
*Please note that you will need Adobe Acrobat Reader to fill out this form electronically. Download a free version of Adobe Acrobat Reader here.