UPDATE: this program is now closed as funds have been exhausted as of March 6, 2023. Thank you for your participation!
The Country Food Harvester Support Grant Program was introduced by the NunatuKavut Community Council (NCC) in response to the COVID-19 global pandemic. It is part of a series of urgent and short-term measures being undertaken by NCC to help ensure that members and communities have the support they need.
This phase of the program starts on February 13, 2023 and runs until funds are exhausted.
This program provides one $200 grant per eligible household for country/wild food harvesters.
This will help to cover costs of items like ammunition and fuel associated with the harvesting of country foods, birds, rabbits, trout, smelts, etc.
Please be mindful of conservation practices and only take what you need.
If interested, complete the short application form below and submit by email or via telephone to
firstname.lastname@example.org or (709) 960-1043. Please send only one application at a time.
- Only one applicant per household will be accepted for each grant.
- No endangered, threatened or protected species shall be harvested, i.e. Boreal Caribou, Harlequin
- Harvesters must have their valid NCC membership card in their possession at all times.
- Generally accepted regulations and guidelines for hunter safety must be observed at all times.
- Members must follow all public health directives related to the COVID-19 global pandemic.
CONTRIBUTION TO THE NCC COMMUNITY FREEZER PROGRAM
In addition to the Country Food Harvester Support Grant Program, NCC will be working with harvesters in
NunatuKavut communities to purchase country foods that are pot ready for our NCC Community Freezer
Program. This can include a variety of country foods like partridges, rabbits, trout, smelts, etc. For more
information, please contact Roxanne Notley by telephone at (709) 960-1043 or by email at
*Please note that you will need Adobe Acrobat Reader to fill out this form electronically. Download a free version of Adobe Acrobat Reader here.