UPDATE: this program is now closed as funds have been exhausted as of July 20, 2021. Thank you for your participation!
The Country Food Harvester Support Grant Program was introduced by the NunatuKavut Community Council (NCC) in response to the COVID-19 global pandemic. It is part of a series of urgent and short- term measures being undertaken by NCC to help ensure that members and communities have the support they need during this pandemic. The next phase of this program starts on July 5, 2021 and runs to August 31, 2021 or until funds are exhausted.
This program provide grants for two different types of harvesters:
- Hunters/Trappers ($100)
- Fishers/Gatherers ($100)
This will help to cover costs of items like ammunition and fuel associated with the harvesting of country foods, birds, fish, berries etc. This initiative is open to all NCC members living in Labrador. Members who avail of the Hunters/Trappers Grant must hold a valid Possession and Acquisition License. Those who accessed the grant previously have to reapply for this phase. Only one applicant per household will be accepted for each grant.
If interested, complete the short application form below and submit by email or via telephone to Megan Chatman at 709-288-0471 or email@example.com.
- Only one applicant per household will be accepted for each grant.
- No endangered, threatened or protected species shall be harvested, i.e. Boreal Caribou, Harlequin Ducks, etc.
- Harvesters must have their valid NCC membership card in their possession at all times.
- Members accessing the grant for Hunters/Trappers must hold a valid Possession and Acquisition License.
- Generally accepted regulations and guidelines for hunter safety must be observed at all times.
- Members must follow all public health directives related to the COVID-19 global pandemic.